Monday, January 4, 2010

Beginning the New Year!

Well, we made it back!!! I apologize to everyone who has been sitting on the edge of their seats waiting on my next post.. I was a little busy while back home for 11 days!!! So I deeply apologize for making you wait!!! But here goes...

So, being home for a little while was great!!! I definitely missed it!! We had a great time seeing all our family and friends!!! The weather was beautiful and gave us a little sense of winter! I loved it!! Just wish it would have snowed a little!! I know... I can wish!! :)

While home, we got to give everyone the best Christmas present, or more like Christmas news... The present comes later... Catch my drift?...... Wait for it...... Yes, that's right, Hubs and I are expecting, unexpectedly!! For those of you who know me, you may be asking yourself, "wasn't she taking BCP?" And the answer is yes... I was one of the lucky 1% of the 99% effective!! Maybe I should go to Vegas and try my luck there?? Haha!! But yes, Hubs and I were on the "wait a few years before babies" track, but The MAN up above had a better plan for us! You can plan your life, but God is the only one who knows exactly how it will turn out!!


So, as of today, I am 11wks, 6days and I am due in July!! So you might be asking yourself, why did it take us so long to tell every one? Well, here is what happened.. Way back in November, I finished a pack on BCPs and within a few days, noticed that AF never came... So, of course I started wondering... Could I really be? Talked to hubs about it... He didn't really think any thing of it because I have said a few times before "What if I am pregnant.." So what made this time different?? Well, I deiced to take a test and low and behold there were two pink lines!

This all happened right before Thanksgiving.. We were headed up to Dallas to spend time with some family, but we decided it was too early to tell the news.. Hubs and I had the usual nerves about miscarriage and all that junk.. So we just deiced to keep it all to ourselves, plus we wanted to tell our parents first! So the week after Thanksgiving, after about a dozen HPTs, I went in and had a blood test done to prove to myself that I was really in fact prego!! And yes, the test came back positive. Fast forward two weeks to mid December and the first prenatal Doctors visit... I was sure when I went in for the appointment, they would do all the tests and stuff they normally do, but when it came time for a ultrasound, there would be nothing... But boy was I wrong... When they did the ultrasound, there it was... The heartbeat!!! It was really real!!!


Fast forward another two weeks to Christmas time... We finally get to tell everyone!!! I had made a scrapbook to share with our families... The flow of the book goes "First comes Love... Then comes marriage... Then comes first house.... and then on the last page it has "And baby.... Surprise!!" And a picture of the BFP test and the ultrasound picture...

First was Hubs's family... We managed to get Mom, Dad, Sister and Brother to all look at the book at the same time... As the flipped page by page, my heart started to race waiting for the last page... When they turned to the last page, there was a long pause followed by out bursts of excitement!! It was really priceless!!! They were all really excited for the unexpected news!!

Next was my dad's turn.. Hubs and I decide to go up and see him and some more family on Christmas. It was an unplanned trip so we didn't have any presents for any one, but that played into how we decided to tell... After they dad and family opened presents.. Hubs and I apologized for not having their present right now.. We explained to them that their present would not be ready until July... We got a few confused looks and a few people figured it out right away.. Everyone was really excited!!

On to Mom's turn... Mom and family had been in WVa for Christmas so I didn't get to see them until the 28th.. I decided I wanted to tell her right away.. So when Hubs and I got to the house, I told her I had finally made a scrapbook! We sat down to look at it.. As she flips past the "Then comes...." She sighs and says, "I thought I was going to see something else besides the house pictures..." And when she gets to the last page... She looks up, with tears in her eyes and says "really???" It was sweet!! The funny thing about telling my mom was that I think she was suspicious all along.. You see, back when I went in and had the blood test done, that night, I got a text from my mom says my little sister (3yrs old) has said "I have a baby in my tummy like my sister...." As you can imagine this freaked Hubs and I out, because we had not told anyone the news!!!! So I think from that day, she thought something was up!!!

We told C, C and H by giving them wrapped bibs that said "I love Grandpa" "I love my aunt" and "I love my uncle.."

We really had a great time telling everyone!!! Now the word is out!!! Finally!! :)

So now starts the new journey and the new theme of this blog!!! Hope everyone enjoys it!!! :) We are really excited about our little Peanut!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment