Sunday, April 11, 2010

Of all days to feel crummy...

The day Hubs is gone on his cross country trip.. IE, he's gone for the weekend...Yep.. Saturday morning I woke up feeling pretty crummy.. Headache, stuffy nose... just blahhh... But.. I guess it is partially ok that I happened to feel crummy this weekend because I was able to relax and be on my time! And didn't have to drag Hubs down with how I was feeling..

But I was able to get a few things accomplished yesterday! I finally got my hair trimmed! I've been saying forever that I need to get that done.. The last time I had it trimmed was in December when I was home for Christmas... Yikes! It was definitely time!! So, I got about an inch cut off.. Not a lot but as it gets longer, an inch seems like a lot! I'm definitely trying to grow it out! I've never had my hair really long.. Why now, with a baby and a extremely hot summer on the way, do I want it long?? Well I am one of those people that when I have my hair short, I always have to take the time to do my hair.. Also, when my hair is short, and I try to let it air dry, it gets really wavy, so I have to straighten it! But if I leave it long, I'm more likely to actually put my hair up! And when I air dry it, it is a bit more managable!! So, for now.. I'm trying to grow it out! We'll see if it lasts....

While I was out yesterday, I made a stop by one of the Fabulous stores here in the middle of nowhere... Yep, Wal-Mart! I was on a mission to express my green thumb... I have been wanting to plant some flowers and spruce up the outside of our house.. But I was not too impressed with the collection at Wal-Mart... And at the same time, I had Hubs' voice in my head saying.. "We're only here until December.. if you plant them, make sure they're in movable pots..." I.E. We'll have move them with us.. So I decided to put them off.. I'll wait until we get back to the South and settle down to our own place.. Plus, I'll have a little helper next time I decide to plant! :)

But my trip to Wal-Mart was not totally wasted... With the extremely hot summer coming, I have been trying to think of a good way to stay cool but be able to enjoy the weather.. So, what did I buy? This....



Yes, I bought a pool for our backyard! And Yes, we have a community pool that opens next month.. But eventually, around Julyish I will probably be looking like a... ermmm... beached wale... So I would prefer to enjoy the 120 degree weather in my own back yard!! And it was definitely a hit! I had four friends over and we hung out in the pool and enjoyed the sun! Definitely happy with my $25 purchase!!

Thats about it for my weekend.. Today I am just relaxing, waiting on the Hubs to get back from his cross country! Keep your fingers crossed he makes it home! Weather is supposed to be gross today...

Hope your Sunday is great!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment