Tuesday, August 3, 2010

No sign of relief... :(

Welp, you read that right... So far, no sign of relief when it comes to this battle between my loving son and me.. He still refuses to nurse.. And it is getting really discouraging for me.. My day is completely consumed with trying to nurse Cole, then feeding him pumped milk, and then finding time to pump.. And repeat! Yes, I know the main thing is that Cole is getting the nutrients and all that good stuff from the BM, but I was really set on Breastfeeding.. Guess its going to be Pumping and then feeding for him.. Uhhhg.. Maybe one day soon he'll catch on?? I keep telling myself that I am not going to give up, but its soooo hard to watch my little guy throw his tantrums.. Not sure what to do..

Cole has also come up with a fun game to play at night.. Its called "Lets see how many times I can make mommy think I am wake, when I am really still sleeping.." :) HAHA!! I guess he is a restless sleeper because he will make noises that make me think he is waking up and almost ready to eat.. But then I go in and check on him and he is still motionless and sound asleep. I am beginning to explore the ideas of getting a Video monitor to help with this!!

I have also realized that Cole loves to be outside.. Any time his fussy and upset, I just walk outside with him and he almost immediately stops crying.. Guess he likes the noises of the birds and the planes flying?? Or maybe the warm air? Either way, he is an outside kind of guy!!

His first smile caught on camera! :) (He was probably pooping!)

His favorite spot! :)

We both have our two week check ups this week.. Hope they go well!! Maybe the doctor will have some suggestions for getting Cole to nurse?? Probably not! :)

Hope everyone is have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment