Thursday, August 5, 2010

Light at the end of the tunnel??

Mimi came to our RESCUE!!

Soo, I feel like I have tried anything and everything to get Little Cole to nurse... All but one thing, that I could think of, at least.. Well my semi-last resort was a "nipple shield." These are used for people who have sore nipples during BFing or if you are having latching issues.. Which, I am! I wish sore nipples were the least of my problems! But here is what it looks like:


This is my new best friend.. (Vic I still love you, too haha! ) Since we do not have anything but a Walmart within 250 miles of us.. I had to call my mom and have her search for this item! I could have ordered it but it was soo much fast having Mimi locate it and overnight it! Which she did!!

Basically, I feel like the reason Cole will not nurse is because he keeps his tongue at the top of his mouth. Even when he takes a bottle, it takes him a few minutes to relax and move his tongue so he can swallow easier.. At his 2 week appointment I made sure he did not have a tongue tie, and he does not.. So, yesterday was the first try at the nipple shield.. And after a little bit of fussing and fighting and soaking everything, HE LATCHED ON!!! I was soo excited, I almost cried!! Unfortunately he still continues to fight nursing for about 10 minutes and then finally gives in.. Hopefully he will start to get used to this and get better at nursing.. So please keep praying!! At least we are on the right track!!!

In other news! Hub's flight put up a little sign in our front yard to announce the birth of our little guy!! How cute is this???


And here is a picture of me and my little guy!

We had his 2 week appointment today.. He is up to 6lb 10oz!! Yay!! he is gaining weight!! I was worried about that!! But everything else is going good with Mr. Cole!

Now for the weekend!! I think we are just going to relax!! Its been a long week for Hubs!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment