Sunday, June 20, 2010

Progressing already??

First off.... Let me take a second and wish all the daddies and daddies to be out there a

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!

Now.. back to the main topic.. Progressing already?? What could I mean?? Well, I went to the doctor's on Thursday for a check up.. I happened to mention to him how I had been feeling this last week.. Back aches, mild, annoying cramping and so forth.. Well, Mr. Doctor Man did not like the sound of that.. I also proceeded to to tell him that my mom had had all three of her children 4 to 6 weeks early.. He didn't not seem too concerned with that, but decided he was going to check me just to be safe...

Well, what do you know, I am already dilated 1 cm.. Yea, yea.. I know, you can be dilated 1 cm for a while.. But he seemed really surprised!! He immediately jumped on me in a panic saying, "What are you doing?? Are you doing too much?? What are we going to do about this???" I said to him, "that really does not mean much, right? I can be dilated for a while, correct??" His response.. "Yes, you can.. but you can also go into labor tomorrow!! So you need to be careful!!" Pretty sure he would have put me on bed rest had I not mentioned that I am done with work in 2 weeks.. Soo.. I am trying to take it easy... Easier said than done for me!

So, maybe this little guy will come early?? Hahah.. My luck.. NO!! Ideally, (I may regret saying this.. ) I want him to stay in there as long as possible and come out when he is ready.. But it would be nice for him to maybe come a little early.. :) So we'll see!!

Start taking bets now.. When do you think he'll come??? How big do you think he'll be??

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!! Yay for only 9 more days or "work!" :)

1 comment:

  1. Not to downsize it cuz yes you can go into labor at anytime being dialated to 1 cm...I was fully effaced and dialted to 1cm at 36 weeks! Abi was induced at 39 weeks so Dan could be there! Pretty sure I was still 1cm when I checked in at the hospital! Had I not been induced I probably would have went over! Hopefully for your sake that doesn't happen! Can't wait to see pictures of Cole! :) You look great by the way! You're going to be back in your old clothes in no time! :)

    ReplyDelete