Thursday, February 11, 2010

And its a.....

I know I am a few days late....

* How far along?: 17 weeks
* Total weight gain: 5 lbs.. I was happy I didn't get yelled at!!
* How big is baby?: 5'' long!
* Sex: Boy!! (Atleast until we confirm it on the 8th!)
* Maternity clothes?: Starting to need more!!
* Stretch marks?: Nope, keep myself lathered up!
* Sleep?: I would like to get some of this.. Getting up more through the night..
* Best moment this week?: Finding out what Peanut is!
* Movement?: Getting the flutters.. He still has some room, so hopefully soon!
* Food cravings?: I don't believe in those b/c if I see it, I want it! :)
* Labor signs?: Nooooo thank you!
* Belly button in or out?: Inny! And put belly button ring back in!! :)
* What I miss: Not wondering, can I have this?
* What I'm looking forward to: Feeling Peanut...
* Milestone: Gender announcement! :)

My self taken picture:


Well, I went to the doctors on Monday and Baby B is doing great!! Doctor decided he wanted to do an ultrasound and check on Peanut.. So because he was doing an ultrasound, I asked if we could "speculate" about what Peanut's gender may be.... I told him that if he did see something, that I did not want him to tell me.. Which he then looked at me confused because I had just asked him about "speculating.." But I proceeded to tell him that since Hubs could not make the appointment to find out the gender of our 1st born, that I wanted him to write it down and put it in an envelope.. My doctor thought that was really neat!!

So on to the ultrasound.. He showed me the usual... The head, spine, legs, hands... and soo on.. This all took about 10 minutes.. And he says, ok we're done! I looked at him with this "well... " face.. He then smiled and said, "its a little early for me to be telling you but I can see how excited you are.. So I will write it down on the back of the photo and put it in an envelope.. But dont go on a huge shopping spree just yet.. We'll confirm it next month..." Here I thought he didnt even look.. I never saw any thing!! But that was that...

So, at 16.5 weeks... Peanut's gender is..........................................................

BOY!!!

We are soo excited!! We wanted a healthy baby, and if it was a girl, we would love it just that same.. But Hubs and I were definitely leaning towards the boy side! Now, we'll just wait and see if that is the correct gender on March 8th.. :)

Here are some pictures:

Side profile of Peanut... He wouldn't sit still so you cannot see the profile that well..


You can see the arrow in the middle.. My doctor disguised looking for the parts by putting "bladder"... Pretty clever.

Hope everyone is having a great week!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment