Monday, November 16, 2009

I know... I am a horrible blogger already!

So, you would think I would be updating my blog every day!! Hey, what else do I have to do here in middle of no where? Haha!!! Well believe it or not, I have been really busy!! Unpacking really takes forever!! I know its really small, but it has taken a lot of time!! Which is weird because I do not feel like we have the much stuff!!! Also, Hubbs has been a slave driver when it comes to unpacking! We finally got all of our stuff delivered on Sunday, November 2nd. By day two, he was already tired of boxes! So yes, as of today.. All boxes are banished from our house!! Seems like we have made daily trips to Wal-Mart to pick up something we needed for the house! Needless to say, we have pretty much kept Wal-Mart in business lately! But things are slowly coming together.. Here are a few pictures of the house so far..

Beginning the whole process..... Lovely boxes filling our living room and kitchen





Our living room.. Ignore Hubs... He is enjoying time off before training begins.. 1 week!



Our kitchen! I used to thinking it was very spacious!



Our room!! Much need of more decorating!!


This room I have dubbed "Man land..." Aka Hubs' office! This is where he will be spending most of his time at home come next Monday!


One of our bathrooms..



So with birthdays coming up.. I know what I want... An interior designer!!! :) I honestly need one!! My house is soo dull!! Maybe it is all the white!!! It did not come with carpet, only linoleum!! So maybe thats why I feel like I have no taste in decorating!!! It needs a lot of help!!

On to other things!!! We have been out to a few social events, if you want to call them that!! We ended up going to a party last weekend and meeting a lot of great people!!! One of the couples we met ended up moving right behind our house!! So we have been getting to know them and a small group of other people! Its been great!! All the guys start class together on the the 23rd! We even had an impromptu party at our house on Saturday.. We made tones of food, dips, quiches and wings! I was so busy, I didn't even get to take pictures!! But it was a lot of fun!!! We even had a special visitor!! Katie came over from San Antonio for the night!! It really was a lot of fun having everyone at our house!! It would have been a little better had Auburn won.. But we still had a great time!!!

All in all, we are getting settled in here in Del Rio! I promise I will start to update more often!!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that you are doing this! I started a page but I never update it ha-ha. I like the house it's really starting to get put together and looking good! I know what you mean about the floors our house is the same and I hate it!

    ReplyDelete